RE: [amibroker] RE: PosQty and which trades are selected in backtester

Graham,

For what it's worth I'm a great believer in using % box sizes. The
conventional (stepped) method is merely a hangover from the days of hand
drawn charts and is very arbitrary.

The downside of % (log) box sizes is the weird axis markings and the fact
that your results will be different to Stockcharts etc. who use stepped box
sizes.
There is also the problem of where you start your price scale. In other
words, your boxes are different if you start at $1 (+1%, +2% etc) than if
you start at $5 (+1%, +2%......). Maybe just start all scales at $.01?

Steve