RE: [amibroker] Looking for a data vendor for commodities

My system is a bit different from that. I have specific buy and sell
signals. Say I want to implent this :

Positionscore=volume;

Buy= Close>ma(close,10);
ApplyStop (0,2,close-low,1); /* sell if close<low of the day I
bought the stock */
ApplyStop (3,2,3,1);  /*  sell on the third day */
sell = 0;

short = close<ma(close,10);
ApplyStop (0,2,high-close,1);
ApplyStop (3,2,2,1);
cover = 0;

This should work fine but what if I want to buy or short every day
only the top 4 stocks with highest volume?

How can I implement this with rotational mode?

Regards,
Olivier

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx>
wrote:
> Also, ApplyStop still works in rotational mode, just not with
dynamic stop
> levels.
>
> Dave
>   You already have this ability.
>
>   Buy = C > MA(C, 5);
>   Sell = C < MA(C, 5);
>
>   PositionScore = IIF(Buy, C/MA(C,65) + 100, 0);//Add 100 so that
all scores
> are positive.
>
>   Hope this helps,
>   Gary
>
>   olivier_molongo wrote:
>     Hi all,
>
>     I want to do a backtesting that would allow me to buy each day
the
>     top N stocks ranked by a metric. I read this message but could
not
>     find the answer to my problem so I hope someboby can help me
there.

>     I tried to do this using the rotational mode. But it does not
allow
>     to use user define sell signals. Once I bought or shorted a
stock I
>     want to implement stops for my sell and cover orders.
>
>     But the documentation of rotational mode says:
>
>     "
>     Exits are generated automatically when security's rank drops
>     below "worst rank held". There is no real control over when
exits
>     happen except of setting low score to force exits. You can
also set
>     the score on any (at least one) security to value of
scoreNoRotate to