RE: [amibroker] Looking for a data vendor for commodities

Ken,

Good luck with the effort. I forgot to mention
another site you may find useful - especially if you are considering trading
emini futures. Michael Jardine who runs this site is the author of a book on
Fibonacci Trading techniques.

<A
href="">http://www.enthios.com

I became a profitable trader only after I dropped
all the indicators, moving averages and other squiggly lines which are all
dervitives of price. I have got to the point that I can do without charts during
the trading session. The charts I use are plain vanilla candle charts and
volume, if available. (eminis do have the volume). I only use straightline tools
- trend channels and median lines. (I wish I could draw sliding parallels in AB
- but I solved that problem by using an chart overlay program to draw on AB
charts). Certain characterstics of price moves and patterns combined with
behavior of volume (where available) are all that I use in my short term trading
- most trades within 10 five minute bars. This may be just me, as I know
successful traders with Ensign charts looking like Picasso's work. My feeble
brain cannot process more than 1 or 2 variables at a time. Keeping it super
simple works for me. Anything that made me think and hesitate was fatal to
the bottomline. :-)

Don't get me wrong, as AB is a great TA and
backtesting tool, you can probably find something that works well for you. It is
just that in very short term discretionary trading less is more.,
imo.