RE: [amibroker] Best data vendor for realtime scans: yahoo....?

Phil, I learn how to do new things in Amibroker much
quicker if I have  a working example that I can paste from the
user manual  as I simultaneously read about it in the user
manual.  In case you learn in a similar way that I do, I have posted this
very basic version of
"PlotShapes("         for you to start
with.
Xoc=cross(open,close);
PlotShapes<FONT
size=2>(IIf(Xoc,
shapeDigit1 + shapeNone, shapeNone ), colorGreen
);
I started to
use         "
Plotshapes("     only very recently, and when I pasted
the sample from the help manual into an indicator window, it failed to
work.   Below, I have pasted the one from the user manual, and it
gives an error saying that "shapePositonAbove" has not been initialized.
As Yuki noted a long time ago, there is a "ThoughtBridge" that us
non-programers have a difficult time with.
Buy=cross(open,close);
PlotShapes(
IIf(
Buy, shapeDigit9+shapePositonAbove, shapeNone ),
colorGreen );
Since we are all correctly encouraged to consult the
user manual, I think that ALL of the examples shown in the User Manual would
work as is when you paste them in an indicator window.   This is so
that new users and freetrial users will not become so frustrated by
encountering  repeated difficulties when we try to use user manual examples
as is from the user manual. Ron D
<FONT

<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr

  <DIV