Re: [amibroker] Problem with Extraneous Buy Signals

> > Out of curiosity, why don't you scan a watch list of the desired
symbols
> > vs.
> > ----
> > if( t == "C" ) w = 1;
> > if( t == "KO" ) w = 1;
> > ----
> >
> > Bob

I do have a watchlist containing only the stocks in the composite
(and only the stocks called for in the above lines of code).  When
scanning the composite, I click "use filter", then "define".  I then
set it to the watchlist containing the stocks I need.  Mr. Janeczko
had at one time emailed the above lines of code to me for weighting
the stocks.  I later set all the weightings to 1 so that I could
better see where the errors were.  I will try to run a composite
without these lines of code to see if I still have problems.  I did
get the errors before I ever added these lines of code.  Also, I
would like to be able to weight the stocks in some of my indexes,
which means I need to keep these lines in there at least for the
ones that require weighting (unless there's some other way to weight
them).

> This coupled with uninitialized "w" variable may lead to problems
> when database is unaligned (symbols NOT specified in the formula
> may cause adding "zero" or even "random" bars )

Mr. Janeczko, I tried scanning your corrected code that you posted
earlier today (the one which initializes the "w" variable), and
still got the same errors.  I deleted the old composite chart before
running the scan but it didn't solve the problem.

I did use a different email address when contacting your tech
support about this issue before.  I received responses from you on
some occasions and from Marcin Gorzynski on other occasions.  I will
try to put together a coherent email soon containing (hopefully) all
the details you need to help me solve the problem.  I'll send the
email via the same address as I previously used to communicate with
you.  Your emails to me all have #11346 in the subject line, maybe
that will help you find my previous communications.

I've considered completely uninstalling AmiBroker and all its
associated files, then reloading it all and creating a new
database.  This will delete all my preferences etc. but maybe it'll
get rid of the problem?

Thanks,
Jason