From: "aereoplain" <aereoplain@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 8:57 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Problem with AddToComposite

Hello,

I've owned AmiBroker Pro for several months.  I originally bought it
in order to take advantage of the AddToComposite function.
Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to get it to work
properly.  I've scoured the help page at amibroker.com, and I've
downloaded the archives here and searched them.  I've also worked
with AmiBroker tech support via email numerous times.  At this
point, I've spent many, many fruitless hours on this and I'm hoping
someone here knows how to solve my problem.

When I set up a composite (I've used as few as 2 stocks in order to
simplify things due to the problems I've had), I sometimes see a
beautiful chart after I run the scan.  I then run the scan every day
and it updates properly, at least for the first few days.
Invariably, though, within a few days I get errors.  The chart will
have a bunch of "squished up" bars on the left side (these are the
correct bars), but some of the later bars will be waaaaaay down
below at the wrong price, or sometimes they will be reaaaallly long
bars with a low and open of 0.  When I look at the data in the Quote
Editor, it appears that it's not adding up all the data for each
stock properly.  There are sometimes multiple OHLC's for a given
day.  Other times the open and low will both be zero.  When I try to
correct these errors manually using the Quote Editor, the chart
looks perfect until the next time I run the scan.  Then all the
exact same errors reappear.

I always check the individual stock charts of each stock in the
composite, and the charts look fine (i.e., there have been no recent
splits etc.).  I've created multiple databases - some local, some
using eSignal realtime plugin - in an attempt to be sure that my data
is clean (this was done at the suggestion of AmiBroker tech
support).  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I'm now to the
point that I may just have to abandon AmiBroker and consider it $200
down the toilet.  However, before I give up I'd like to see if
someone here has any suggestions.  AmiBroker tech support did not
respond to my last email dated 6/3/04 (nearly 3 weeks ago), so I
suspect they're getting pretty sick of me by now LOL.

Thank you,

Jason

Check group FAQ at: