[amibroker] Re: Problem with AddToComposite

You may plot gridlines at will.
Example1:[plots 10 gridlines from top to bottom]

I0=LastValue(LLV(L,Cum(Status("barvisible"))));
I1=LastValue(HHV(H,Cum(Status("barvisible"))));
DI=(I1-I0)/10;//calibrate the # of the gridlines
for(I=I0;I<I1;I=I+DI)
{PlotGrid(I,colorLightGrey);}
Plot(C,"C",1,64);

or

I0=LastValue(LLV(L,Cum(Status("barvisible"))));
I1=LastValue(HHV(H,Cum(Status("barvisible"))));
DI=0.5;//gridlines every $0.5
for(I=I0;I<I1;I=I+DI)
{PlotGrid(I,colorLightGrey);}
Plot(C,"C",1,64);

Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "pete_wragg" <wraggp@xxxx> wrote:
> Here is a repeat of my original post, kaveman's reply (the only
one) and my reply to him.  But it all seems to have got lost a few
pages of posts ago amongst all the other stuff, so I'll just politely
ask again if I may :)
> Question first: how do I get the Y-axis on the price chart to
display ticks
> between the main numbers? That is, if every 5 cents the dollar
value is
> displayed, how can I turn on the intervening 1-cent ticks so I can
see where I'm
> trying to place a horizontal line, for instance? The same for
smaller values -
> e.g. a share worth 0.073 has the Y-axis showin in jumps of 1 cent -
but the
> shares move in ticks of 0.1 cent so I need to be able to see the
intervening
> ticks.
>
> Second point - this may be a problem in the latest Beta (4.57) but
the "Snap to"
> doesn't seem to work. I click the little magnet icon which then
shows as being
> depressed (bit like me in the mornings.. ;)) but trying to place a
horizontal
> line at a price still seems to be completely random - the line can
end up with
> any value up to a few decimal places long, whereas I would expect
it to jump to
> the nearest price tick (as in the first paragraph) -i.e. 0.001,
0.05, or 0.01
> depending on the share price.
>
> This is on the ASX, and using the MetaStock data plugin from my
C:\Shares folder
> which is where my MetaStock is set up to read its data from. I'm
trying to wean
> off MetaStock completely, and use Ami alone, but I really need to
be able to see
> and set prices for horizontal lines much more accurately - at the
moment it's
> very much hit and miss. But feel free to hit me if I'm missing
something really
> simple and stupid... ;)
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Pete, Brisbane, Australia.
> =====================================
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> > You can open the properties for a line and enter the values.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Graham
>
> Thanks Graham. I know that, but that is a very random thing to do -
plonk the
> line somewhere in the region then fine tune two numbers in the
properties. It
> should be a lot easier - "snap to" should work (doesn't in my copy)
and the