[amibroker] Re: Fw: The Elliot Waves

Hi Tomasz

I'm going through the same process as Collectable..

I have an ASX metastock data base which I've been updating using
Bohdi Freeway . I don't have metastock so I'm not used to using
their data base and how it's structured. In my ASX folder in my
metastock database there is a folder for each letter and an addition
several numbered ones at the start. I have Bohdi Freeway which I use
for my current charting program ( Ezycharts ) and the last time I
reinstalled it I set up the metastock data base as I knew I would be
moving onto another program ( Amibroker ...:) )

I set up a new data base as per instructions , I assume what you
call it doesn't matter.

In the data settings I set up the data source as "metastock r data
plug in.

I then went into configure and opened each of the sub folders in my
ASX folder , clicked on the MASTER file in each of these sub
folders. These have all been added into the " Configure metastock
data plug in window "

I then highlighted each individual listing in this window in turn
and pressed the retrieve button.

I've set the data to 4000, and pressed " OK"

All of the shares and indices I have are listed in the "tree" but
they're not fully organised. At this stage every thing is in "All" ,
but all of my ASX shares / indices are under " Markets" in a NYSE
folder.

Under Groups , I have one group ,a Group O folder , which again
contains all of the ASX shares and indices.

Sectors has a Services Folder with a sub folder of Advertising which
again contains all my shares and indices.

Watch list / favourites are empty as I expected, but also indices is
empty.

I would like to changee the NYSE folder to ASX, and I would also
like to set up a correct "Sector" break up as well as having the
indices in their correct place .

I'd like to continue using Bohdi Freeway . Once I have the Amibroker
data base organised, do I just download Bohdi as per normal. One
button is nice , and it also updates my other Data bases

See Change

--- In amibroker@x
ahoogroups.com, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First you should really read TUTORIAL and use METASTOCK PLUGIN
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_extsources.html
> to read MS database directly (so you don't need to reimport all
the time).

> Reading all tutorial sections is a first thing a new user should
do.

> Second thing is understanding categories.
> Categories are NOT folders (like in Windows Explorer)
>
> The difference is fundamental.
> In the explorer file appears (usually) only once in the given
> tree leaf.
> In the workspace symbol tree given symbol appears multiple times
because
> it appears in every category leaf to which it belongs to
> even if this is the same symbol and only it exists only as single
> entity.
>
> One symbol belongs to MANY categories at the same time.
> For example
> AAPL (Apple Inc.)
> will belong
> "Stocks" group category
> "Nasdaq" market category
> "Information" sector category
> "Comp-Computer Mfg" industry category
> and may also
> belong to
> several watch lists and favorites category
>
> ALL at the same time.
> That's why ONE symbol will appear in many leaves of the symbol
tree.

> Now if you delete the SYMBOL it will of course disappear from ALL
categories
> because you have deleted the SYMBOL.
>
> There are two types of categories:
> 1. with mutualy exclusive membership: groups, markets,
sectors/industries
>   - it means that symbol MUST belong to ONE group ONE market and
ONE sector/industry at a time
>   you can move the symbol from one group/market/sector/industry to
another but you can not
>   remove this assignment - create "Unassigned"
group/market/sector/industry instead.

> 2. with free membership: watch lists/favorites/indexes
>    - it means that a symbol may belong to ANY number (including
zero) of watch lists (and to favorite/index category too)