RE: Understanding Categories was: Re: [amibroker] Importing data into Amibroker

Hello Tomasz,

I did read this and it does not answer my question as to how it
distinugyuishes between data from my 8 different exchanges and all their
subdirectories. If I spent the hours required to manually select all the
master files within all the a-z directories for each of the 8 different data
directories I have then started on all the others for the fututres data will
the yall be placed in the same ALL directory.

Am I expected to then go through manually through these thousands of data
files to assign them to different markets or groups?

I have spent hours trying to do this and surley it can not be so difficult.

I just now again tried to select three data folders from the databse
settings thing using metastock plugin and all the data is placed in the same
directory-where marklet 0 was except I renamed it ASX.

First you should really read TUTORIAL and use METASTOCK PLUGIN
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_extsources.html
to read MS database directly (so you don't need to reimport all the time).