RE: [amibroker] Re: Identifying Elliott Waves using AFL

Yes, that's it.  What I found was in the Reference Manual:

"AmiBroker uses the following reserved variable names:

[... I'd read this before, but there's some good stuff after the bits
about colors etc. ! ... ]

pointvalue allows to read and modify future contract point value (see
backtesting futures) Automatic Analysis (new in 4.10) "

Thanks for the tip.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "saltyla1" <saltyla1@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "finops_tonyshomework"
> <finops_tonyshomework@xxxx> wrote:
> > I am trying to find a function that will let me access the
> > security "Information"--in particular I would like to use
> the "Point
> > Value" field.
> >
> > Is there something like "Name()"?
> >
> > Thanks!
>

> Hello,
>   Maybe this is what you want.
>   I found this in the AmiBroker Users Guide under;
>
> Tutorial: Back-testing systems for futures contracts
>

> Point value
>

> Point-value is per-symbol setting (definable in Symbol-Information
> window - (picture above)) that determines the amount of profit
> generated by one contract for a one point increase in price.
Example: