Re: [amibroker] Is there a "Bars Since Entry" Function ?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pete Schaik <schommelman@xxxx>

> I have found the three different formats of Metastock data export
in Stockwiz, and have tried them all.  The program creates the files
and looking at the files in a word processor the data looks correct,
but when processing the data in Amibroker it creates all the
folders/files for each ticker but the files are empty and I get an
error log of each of the company symbols saying the data is not
recognized> Thanks
> Pete

Hello Pete,
  Did you get the private post I sent.
Contact me off list for more info.

  If you want to use the AmiBroker database
you will have to export from SW in one large
file using;
"Metastock (text) - all companies in one file"
(trim the working groups down for the first
round of exports) and use the AmiBroker
"Import Wizard" to load each file into
the AB database.

If you want to use the Metastock style database
using the MS plugin (which I am unfamiliar with),
the SW export should be done like the following;

Select your directory path and use this format;
C:\export\|\^.prn

You can substitute "txt" or what ever for "prn".

You may first need to create the directories manually;
0 to 9
and
A to Z

If you try to export the Indices you will have to
create directories for each of the first characters
of them as well.

HaND,
Brian