[amibroker] Re: OT: Hull Again - Steve - a recommendation

Sorry for the delay responding, I suspect we're in very different
timezones.

Try substituting this for loop, including the extended = 0,  for the
earlier one.  It counts backward from
right edge and only extends the first support line it detects.  I
modified things to plot the extended part of
the line after the Cat3Sup is detected in white.  It's not terribly
elegant, but it works.

You'll notice that when you scroll the price chart the support line at
right edge that gets extended changes to the
last visible support line.  I believe that's because barcount, when
used in an indicator, always represents the last
visible bar .  When you backtest, I don't think barcount will shift
like that, it will be the number of bars of data
you have.  You'll be OK on the right edge, but backtesting could be a
problem.

I'll think about that.  Maybe someone in the group has already solved
a similar problem (or can correct me
if I'm wrong about barcount).

extended = 0;

for<FONT
face=Arial size=2> ( i = BarCount - 1 ; i >= 6 ; i-- ) {
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>

if ( x0[i] != x0[i-<FONT
color=#ff00ff>1] ) { <FONT face=Arial
size=2>// new Cat3Sup detected
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>      if<FONT face=Arial
size=2> ( NOT extended ) { <FONT face=Arial
size=2>// Haven't extended one yet

        extended
= 1;
        m =
(y1[i] - y0[i])/(x1[i] - x0[i]);
        Line =
LineArray( x0[i], y0[i], x1[i] + <FONT
color=#ff00ff>3, y1[i] + (3 * m),<FONT
color=#ff00ff>0,True);
<FONT
color=#0000ff>        Plot(Line,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"Cat3Sup
Line",colorDefault,styleLine);

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>        // draw the line after the
detection in a different color and extend it.

        x2 = i;
y2 = (i - x1[i] + 3) * m;
        Line2=
LineArray( x1[i] + 3,
y1[i] + (3 * m),x2,y2,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>1,True);
<FONT
color=#0000ff>        Plot(Line2,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"Cat3Sup
Line",colorWhite,styleLine);

      }
else {
// Old Cat3Sup lines, don't
extend

        Line =
LineArray( x0[i], y0[i], x1[i], y1[i],<FONT
color=#ff00ff>0,True);
  <FONT
color=#0000ff>      Plot(Line,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"Cat3Sup Line"<FONT
face=Arial>,colorDefault,styleLine);<FONT
size=1>

      }
   }
}