[amibroker] Re: Importing MetaStock thru OLE

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gordon Sutherland" <gosuth@x>

> I clone my AB data from my MetaStock directories. I am new to AB. To
date I
> have been using MLDownloader to update my MetasStock directories and
what I
> have found is that Australian EOD data is available from the Yahoo
US server
> within about an hour and a half of Closing Bell. I understand that
the Yahoo
> US server is the one to use for historical data for World markets
and you
> should be able to pull 20+ years of  backdata for Aussie market.

Thanks Gordon... but it doesn't work for me. I don't have Metastock
directories, & I presume MLDownloader is a Metastock component...

Using Amiquote, I get less than a year's data for Australian stocks
(even though I set the date to supply several years), and the data
doesn't include the most recent day until much later.

World indices (including ASX indices XAO & XJO) do give longer
periods, and so do US stocks (NWS starts in 1988, IBM in 1962)

Historical data from vendors is never over 11-14 yrs, so I want to
supplement with Yahoo data for the earlier periods in, but I can't get
it for Australian stocks.

And I would like up to date prices for the handful of overseas stocks
which I follow - NWS, RIO.L & BLT.L.

cheers
Krop

Will
> they solve these problems?
>
> Of course, if using yahoo involves continual hassle, I'd rather know
> now and I'll just buy data from Dial and Chart, as it's not too
> expensive. (I'm assuming that the Dial and Chart downloader is
> compatible with Amibroker & the daily update can happen
automatically
> - anyone know?)
>
> All feedback appreciated.
>
> Many thanks,
> Krop
>

> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=1292j7lq5/M=285832.4982638.6115487.
1269404/D=groups
/www.house
> holdfinance.com/ln/TrackingServlet?
cmd_MediaCode=&fc=APS&mkt=000&mc=01PSYAYA
> 004001B220000U0300L0020000000000&dest=HOME_PAGE> click here
>

> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=285832.4982638.6115487.
1269404/D=groups/S=