[amibroker] Re: Something New?

The end point didn't match the data so used simple grade school math
to reformulate.  Now matches.  Anyone else notice this?

> Hello,
>
> Sure you can:
>
> SetBarsRequired( 100000, 0 );
>
> Plot( C, "Price", colorBlack );
>
> function PlotCARCurve(percent)
> {
> y = Year();
> DayNum = DayOfYear() + 365 * (y - y[ 0 ]);
>
> Gain = (1+ 0.01 * percent)^(DayNum/365);
>
> Plot( C[ 0 ] * Gain, "CAR("+percent+"% )", colorRed );
> }
>
> function ComputeAvgCAR()
> {
> y = Year();
> Change = LastValue( C ) - C[ 0 ]; //
> DayNum = DayOfYear() + 365 * (y - y[ 0 ]);
> ComputedCAR = 100 * (
(Change/C[0])^(365/(LastValue(DayNum)-DayNum[0])) - 1 );
> return ComputedCAR;
> }
>
> CAR = ComputeAvgCAR();
>
> Title="Computed CAR: "+CAR ;
>
> PlotCARCurve( CAR );
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Motley Fool boards (I think a subscription is required - sorry). It's
called the BMW system after the inventor's name  BuildMWell.
>   http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=20414790
>
>   Basically, he takes a long price history (typically 30 years of
monthly data) and constructs a series of % CAGR (compound annual
growth rate) curves which encompass the data.

>   Here is an example (PEP) from, I believe, Excel:
>

>   The first curve uses today's price and the price 30 years ago to
calculate the current CAGR (say 11.3%) which he then draws (manually)
on a chart printout.
>   He simply calculates the price every 5 years assuming an annual
11.3% increase and connects the dots with a French curve!
>   Similar curves are then drawn to  hit the obvious high and low points.
>
>   In this way he invests when the stock is historically 'low'. For
example see the above chart about mid 2002.
>   As you will appreciate, this is not a short term system, but BMW
claims not to have had ANY losers since starting in 1999!
>   The question, of course, is can we draw these curves in AB?
>
>   Thanks,
>
>   Steve
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx