RE: [amibroker] Re: Charting a pair

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "miked33" <miked@xxxx> wrote:
> I am setting up Amibroker & QuoteTracker for the first time.
> Followed setup instructions in help, but no stocks are being
> retreived from QuoteTracker. I am running version 3.41 QT and 4.5
> Amibroker. Any ideas?

In what mode are you running AmiBroker -- real-time or end-of-day?
I'm certainly no expert at any of this, but I did work through a lot
of these problems a while back and now have a very reliable setup
with QuoteTracker updating AmiBroker "daily" charts from my TC2000
database in real time during market hours. QT uses my CyberTrader
account for the real-time data feed. If you're looking for a setup
something like this I can compare notes with you on the various
database settings, but anything more esoteric will require a better
source than me. I haven't worked much with intraday hourly, 10-
minute, etc. charts in AmiBroker.

QT is a neat little program, very intelligently designed, but it does
have its limitations as discussed on the AmiBroker web site. Another
thing I've been able to do with it is get my CyberTrader feed into
Excel for real-time update of some customized spreadsheets.

Ned