[amibroker] Newbie question

On Sunday, 16 of May 2004 22:34, Thomas Zmuck wrote:
> Hello Marek,
>
> Thank you very much !!!
> I am very interested to try it out again.
>
> So you mean that if I have a real windows partition too, than I am
> able to run almost every windows program under linux without much speed
> decrease ?
> I have heard two years ago that windows programs, that are running under
> Wine are very slowly. Is this history now ?

Much better. It also depends on resources your computer has and services that
your computer must provide. In case you have a slower computer use light
graphical system instead of kde or gnome that are heavily resources
consuming.

> Just a question to the download link.
> Should I download this files to start ?
> ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/live-cd-9.1/
>
> or can you please tell me the path ?

no. start directly with full ftp version
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/9.0

read README.FTP

you will have to download images of 5 floppies or a cdrom localted in /boot
then boot using floppies or cdrom
in the boot system enter:
install=ftp://134.76.11.100/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/9.0/

during installation the program recognizes you have a windows partition and
creates for you dual boot system (when booting you will have an option to
choose either windows or linux os).

after you install everything you can update kde (a graphical windows system)
but this is not important right now to explain how to do it.

cu,
--
Marek Chlopek
mchlopek@xxxxxxx