From: Gary A. Serkhoshian [mailto:serkhoshian777@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 8:29 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Performance Charts

Thanks Herman.

For those who wanted to know the difference between a
function and a procedure, Herman's function below can
be run as a procedure since it doesn't return
anything.

procedure PlotNormalizedTicker( Ticker)
    {
    array2=Foreign(ticker,"C");

scaledArray2=100*(array2/ValueWhen(firstBarVisible,array2)-1);
    Plot(scaledArray2,"\n"+Ticker,ChartColor++,4);
    }

--- Herman van den Bergen <psytek@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for your code Salil, nice to play with :-)
> here is a slight
> modification of your code to plot normalized charts
> for a small watchlist:
>
>   // Chart display similar to FT
>   barvisible = Status("barvisible");
>   firstBarVisible = barvisible AND NOT Ref(
> barvisible, -1 );
>   global ChartColor;
>
>   function PlotNormalizedTicker( Ticker)
>       {
>       array2=Foreign(ticker,"C");

scaledArray2=100*(array2/ValueWhen(firstBarVisible,array2)-1);
>       Plot(scaledArray2,"\n"+Ticker,ChartColor++,4);
>       }
>
>   list = GetCategorySymbols( categoryWatchlist, 6);
>   ChartColor=1;
>   for( n=0; (Ticker=StrExtract( List, n))!= ""; n++)
> PlotNormalizedTicker(
> Ticker);
>
> herman

scaledArray1=100*(array1/ValueWhen(firstBarVisible,array1)-1);

http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/