[amibroker] Re: DTFFT

It’s not actually saved. AB saves whatever is there when you close as a sort of temporary file (it’s save in the chart so to speak), but you can do a LOAD FORMULA to get the original back.

TH
--

Folks:

I'm just learning to use AB and have encountered some logic I don't understand.  In IB, I mistakenly pasted a formula over the Built-in formula for Equity Line and tried to "Apply" it.  There were some interpreter errors reported, at which point I happened to realize that I'd put the formula in the wrong place: I should have instead added a new name to the Custom column and pasted the formula in there.  OK, no big deal since I hadn't "Save Formula"-ed my new formula to the Built-in Equity Line formula.

So I proceeded to make everything right by simply closing IB without saving.  But to my dismay, when I re-opened IB there was my new formula still replacing the Built-in Equity Line one.  I'm positive I never told IB to save.  Why on earth would IB save automatically upon closing without warning me?

1)  Is this an IB bug?  It certainly isn't traditional Windows behavior, at best.  At worst, it's very dangerous as in the example given above.
2)  How do I avoid this in the future?  I don't want any editing that I do in AA or IB to be autosaved, particularly if there's no warning box.
3)  How do I fix the now-broken Built-in Equity Line formula? Are all the Built-in formulas posted somewhere on the AB site?

Thanks for comments.

     -Paul

 <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129ltiphp/M=285832.4851039.5997748.1269404/D=groups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1084649121/A=2105440/R=0/SIG=14dpdlr1u/*http://www.householdfinance.com/ln/TrackingServlet?cmd_MediaCode=&fc=APS&mkt=000&mc=01PSYAYA004001B220000U0300L00100000>

Yahoo! Groups Links
To visit your group on the web, go to:

--
Terry