[amibroker] Re: System development tutorial by Herman van den Bergen

<SPAN
class=111224913-12052004>Graeme,
<SPAN
class=111224913-12052004>
think your filter is is limiting Cond2 bars to a cross less than 10 days
ago therefore those stocks who crossed "Ages" ago will be skipped all
together.......
<SPAN
class=111224913-12052004>
The
other question would be how many days are you scanning for?

Regards,Jayson

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: graeme_oswin
  [mailto:goswin@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 8:05
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] AFL
  Logic QuestionFristly thank you to all those who have
  helped in my developing understanding of AFL programming.Secondly
  what is wrong with the logic of the following
  code:Cond1=MA(C,15)>MA(C,150);Cond2=BarsSince(Cross(C,MA(C,150)));Buy=Cond1
  AND Cond2<10;Filter=Cond1 AND
  Cond2<10;AddColumn(Cond2,"Cond2",1.2);Simply I am attempting to
  discover stocks that have recently (in the last ten days) crossed above
  their 150 moving average and the 15 day moving average is currently above
  the 150 day moving average.When I scan or filter I find some stocks
  that meet these criteria while others have been able their 150 MA for ages
  while reporting 0 for Cond2.What have I missed in terms of the
  logic? Regards and sincere thanks,Graeme
  OswinSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
  SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A