size=2>herman.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: finops_tonyshomework
  [mailto:finops_tonyshomework@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004
  1:20 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
  Re: [for GARY] Foreign() in TimeFrames questionI
  don't know if this will help, but I have had some luck working in multiple
  time frames when I create a separate array variable for the expansion of
  the higher timeframe (daily in this case) before the timeframerestore()
  call, like so:  // Working with 1 minute database, pick any
  current stockCForeignMin= Foreign(Name(),"C");CCurrentMin=
  C;TimeFrameSet(inDaily);CForeignDaily=
  Foreign(Name(),"C");EXPcfd = TimeFrameExpand(CCurrentDaily,inDaily)
  ;CCurrentDaily= C;EXPccd = TimeFrameExpand(CForeignDaily,inDaily)
  ;TimeFrameRestore();Plot(CCurrentMin,"CCurrentMin",2,1);
  // origional 1 minutesPlot( EXPcfd
  ,"CCurrentDaily",7,1);Plot(CForeignMin,"CForeignMin",1,1); //
  origional 1 minutesPlot( EXPccd ,"CForeignDaily",6,1);Also, I have
  had very strange results WITHOUT the "expandFirst" argument, so I have had
  to use that.  But I'm not sure what you are trying to do.  My
  purpose was to improve a channel breakout system by maintaining the low
  whipsaw of, say, 20 min. channel lines, while improving the price when
  buying the close of a bar crossing the channel line, by using a shorter
  time frame for the bars, say, 5 min.  For this purpose the
  "expandFirst" argument did the trick.But I am new to Amibroker, so I
  apologize if this is all mistaken.  BTW, your essay on optimization
  is really great, thanks.--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen" <psytek@xxxx>
  wrote:> Hi Gary,> > I am still struggling with my Foreign
  problem, would you be willing to help> me out once more? Clould you
  copy the code below in an indicator and apply> it, use any stock
  you like. Do you see anything wrong with my code? I cannot> get the
  Foreign() to work properly. See the Blue line below? That is what
  I> get when i use minute prices retrieved with Foreign() and switch
  the to the> Daily TimeFrame. Your help is much appreciated!>
  herman.> > > > // Working with 1 minute database,
  pick any current stock> TimeFrameSet(in1Minute); //
  redundent...> CForeignMin= Foreign(Name(),"C");> CCurrentMin=
  C;> > TimeFrameSet(inDaily);> CForeignDaily=
  Foreign(Name(),"C");> CCurrentDaily= C;> >
  TimeFrameRestore();> > Plot(CCurrentMin,"CCurrentMin",2,1); //
  origional 1 minutes>
  Plot(TimeFrameExpand(CCurrentDaily,inDaily),"CCurrentDaily",7,1);>
  > Plot(CForeignMin,"CForeignMin",1,1); // origional 1 minutes>
  Plot(TimeFrameExpand(CForeignDaily,inDaily),"CForeignDaily",6,1);>

  -----Original Message----->   From: Gary A. Serkhoshian
  [mailto:serkhoshian777@xxxx]>   Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004
  9:15 PM>   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Foreign() in TimeFrames question> >
  >   Herman,> >   I ran your code with
  ES #F (don't have QQQ), and it>   ran perfectly in 1 min and
  daily.> >   Regards,>   Gary>
  > >   --- Herman van den Bergen <psytek@xxxx>
  wrote:>   > Can somebody explain how to use Foreign()
  and/or>   > SetForeign() in Time>   >
  Frames?>   >>   > We setting the
  current stock to the QQQ and setting>   > AA Periodicity
  to Daily>   > the code below gives expected results with
  and>   > without the Foreign()>   >
  statement. However when setting my AA Periodicity to>   >
  1Minute the system>   > doesn't seem to
  work.>   >>   > Can Foreign() and
  SetForeign() be used within>   >
  TimeFrames?>   >>   > Thanks for any
  help you can give!>   > herman.>
  -------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  -->   > ---->   >>
  > TimeFrameSet(inDaily);>   > SetForeign("QQQ"); //
  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>
  > Buy=Cross( MACD(), Signal() );>   > Sell = Cross(
  Signal(), MACD() );>   >
  TimeFrameRestore();>   >
  Buy=TimeFrameExpand(Buy,inDaily);>   >
  Sell=TimeFrameExpand(Sell,inDaily);>   >
  Short=Sell;>   > Cover=Buy;>
  -------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  -->   > ---->   >>
  >>   >> > > > >
  you Yahoo!?>   Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo!
  HotJobs>   <A
  href="">http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover>
  > >   Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxx>   Send SUGGESTIONS to