[amibroker] Re: how bad was Tokyo today?

The difference between functions and procedures is something I have trouble
understanding even after reading the descriptions in the help files. Hoping
someone can provide me with where procedures could be used instead of a
function.

Secondly I would like to run explorations using a fairly complex code and
have multiple outputs. An example is I want to run various P&F codes with
different box sizes to find various signals. My attempts have found that I
can only get one variable out of a function. Is this correct? So far I
basically set up the base code in an #include file and declare the input
variable before the include statements

Eg

Reverse = 3  ;      // reversal requirement
#pragma nocache
#include "C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\AFL PF System\PnF System Base.afl"

Reverse = 6  ;      // reversal requirement
#pragma nocache
#include "C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\AFL PF System\PnF System Base.afl"

Unfortunately when I do this I must then reassign local names to the outputs
from the base file for each output. My system has many outputs that I use,
eg Average column length, average bars per column, average inactive bars
etc.

Hope this is clear what I am trying to do and any help appreciated. A
multiple output function, or another method, could save a lot of my typing

Cheers,
Graham
http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/