[amibroker] AFL - Params

Paul,
before you go into a lot of trouble try DebugView... it goes along way as
it will display entire arrays (but no subscripts) and can collect data a mile
long. Actually I often use DebugView as unlimited-text output window, ab
charts and windows have limits. It can easily collect thousands of line
generated from a couple of loop, you can clear the window with CTRL-X, you can
also copy/save its contents.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Another suggestion is to make liberal use of Include files and Functions:
whatever works get it out of sight asap :-) using IF'd debugviewstatements you
can debug off-screen code without loading it up. Actually I add one extra
argument to many of my functions, like function MyFunction(.,.,.,.,Debug)
so i can control debugging output from the calling page; works very nice for
me.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT
face=Arial color=#0000ff>herman
<SPAN
class=296392720-06052004>
<SPAN
class=296392720-06052004>
<SPAN
class=296392720-06052004> -----Original Message-----From:
rekorbima [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, May 06,
2004 3:02 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
[amibroker] Re: debugging in AB
> The line number and col are displayed at the right top of
  your >editing window.DOH!  Now that I've established that
  I can't see things that are right in front of my nose, I'm almost afraid
  to ask for comments on the following idea:What about writing a VBS
  function called ViewArrayForDebugPurposes() that 1) accepts a pointer
  or values from an AFL array2) pauses the program execution3) creates a
  temporary text window that shows the entire set of values in the array
  values in a text format, with a scroll bar4) provides a "Resume Program
  Execution" button at the bottom of the window.I'm not familiar
  with VBS, but if it's similar to the other VB variants then I assume that
  there's plenty of GUI-creation type routines in it.
  -PaulSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
  SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A