[amibroker] Re: debugging in AB

Tomasz
does not favor any UI windows that halt or slow down execution, mainly because
it would cause untold problems with data feeds and chart
refreshes.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Single-step and a debugger would be nice but i don't expect we'll see it
soon :-) perhaps one day we can select a development mode that would allow
adding all kinds of execution controls...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: rekorbima
  [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 3:02
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  debugging in AB> The line number and col are
  displayed at the right top of your >editing window.DOH!
  Now that I've established that I can't see things that are right in front
  of my nose, I'm almost afraid to ask for comments on the following
  idea:What about writing a VBS function called
  ViewArrayForDebugPurposes() that 1) accepts a pointer or values from
  an AFL array2) pauses the program execution3) creates a temporary text
  window that shows the entire set of values in the array values in a text
  format, with a scroll bar4) provides a "Resume Program Execution" button
  at the bottom of the window.I'm not familiar with VBS, but if it's
  similar to the other VB variants then I assume that there's plenty of
  GUI-creation type routines in it.
  -PaulSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
  SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A