Re: [amibroker] How do I get a AV-DV Differential chart?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tradinghumble" <ccasadei@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out what's the best layout for AB. I'm
> currently using two linked charts (Daily and Weekly) lined up
> vertically, then I use the workspace.
> I only trade EOD and I like to have a view of both Daily and
Weekly
> charts at once.
>
> Sometimes I find that I have to maximize either the Daily or the
> Weekly charts. I would like to have only one chart but then I'd
have
> to keep switching timeframes... not very user friendly.
>
> How do you use?
>
> Thanks.

1.  I try to keep it simple, so I tend to keep one instrument per
page.  What I have found useful is to make a LAYOUT of nine (9)
different securities, which I can then pick and choose between,
maximizing/minimizing as necessary to see full screen.  Quite
convenient, actually.

2.  I don't find a problem with using the d and w toggle buttons on
the right side of the screen on a single chart, and do so
frequently.  If you plot on the main screen under the PRICE study,
it seems to port when you switch time lengths.

3.  I don't trade using the built in indicators that are accessed
under prefereneces & preloaded with Amibroker.  I organize my bottom
tabs on each security to represent a main page with the security and
a 14-day RSI on the bottom.  The next tab is the security with
volume.  The next tab is a customized trading indicator I am
developing called a Multi-Study.  It basically takes the ticker name
using the Name() function, and through a list of nested IIF's, plots
the appropriate study (x-day moving average, rsi, stochastics,
etc...).  I have also used it to plot buys/sells for my trading
system off that security.  The code currently seems somewhat
cumbersome and in trying to add stops using applystop I whacked it
out completely, but you get the idea.  I'd love to figure out a more
elegant way to do this (lookup table, etc...)
4.  I like the watchlist... I put stocks I am currently trading into
one, and analyzing into another.

Regards,  Stephen

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511