[amibroker] Re: Lining up text on charts

Hi Peter,
        In regards
to some of your suggestions:
1)
gather all "Param" functions at the top of the code (to aid
incorporation of your module via the use of #include from another AFL
script)This is not a bad idea, However here are my
thoughts on this.
The entire code is made up in a Module like fashion - With accompanying
//Remarks to give a brief on each componet. This Makes it alot easier to
digest when trying to follow the code. This is especialy important for
people starting out with AFL.
 If someone were using #Include functions - I would take a guess
they are resonably competant with AFL - And should be able to relocate
the Param functions without to much trouble themself.
I would prefer to code AFL that a Learner can understand - And a
Stalewart can modify to their own needs - Rather than Code that could
possibly confuse the learner......

2)    use non-AB
color-vars in the code and "set" the colors to be used at the
top of the code, eg,
        colorIndex = colorAqua;
        colorUpbar = colorBlack;,
etc
      this is to help those of us that like to
'tinker' with colors :-))Sidestep here: I think the
ability to set the Chart background color would be benificial to
everyone.

3)    use a var
in the code to represent the file path, eg, pathStops, and set this at
the top of the code, eg,
        pathStops = "C:\\program
files\\amibroker\\data\\ASXstops\\"
This is a good Idea - I had considered it - But was
just too lazy to stick it in.
I will add it when I post the final AFL to the Library.

Also, rather than set the buy
by adjusting the cash, adjust the Qty.
Yes - You are right - It should be set by Quantity.
I'll change this also for the Final AFL library release.
(Though for some strange reason, I personaly prefer to set it by Cash -
So I'll keep mine this way)

Again, thank you for your
sharing and efforts.
And thankyou for your suggestions.
Hope your other email is up & running soon too.
        All the
best,

Michael.S.G.