RE: [amibroker] How else can i do this---CategoryAddSymbol

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>This will result in alot of indicators being converted to ratio
adjusted indicators...

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
  [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 3:23
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  FW: Ratio Adjusted Databases QuestionIt is easy [and
  fast] via AddToComposite() function.Suppose you have your tickers in
  WL2.In AA select Apply to:use filter:Define:WatchList:List
  2Range:All quotationspaste
  thet=LastValue(C);r=100*C/t;population=20;//set the WL2
  population
  herefor(n=0;n<population;n++){AddToComposite((n==Status("stocknum"))*r,"~R_"+Name(),"C");Buy=0;}and
  SCAN.A new group of artificial tickers is already created~R_MSFT,
  ~R_IBM, ~R_INTC etc.You may move them now in a separate Group/WatchList
  for easier reference.Call them in IB or AA windows via Foreign()
  function.ExamplePlot(Foreign("~R_MSFT","C"),"~R_MSFT",1,1);or[use
  filter WL2 again, all quotations, Back
  Test]Buy=Cross(Foreign("~R_"+Name(),"C"),99);Sell=Cross(105,Foreign("~R_"+Name(),"C"));Note
  here that ANY similar backtesting is only theoretical, the LastValue(C)
  was not known in the past...If, instead of today's value you put a
  reference value of the past [the 1st bar of 2003 for example] then it
  would make sense to backtest and get useful results.Dimitris
  TsokakisDimitris Tsokakis--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mr Valley"
  <valleymj@xxxx> wrote:> ???> -----Original
  Message-----> From: Mr Valley [mailto:valleymj@xxxx]> Sent:
  Saturday, May 01, 2004 8:28 PM> To: AmiBroker TS> Cc:
  psytek@xxxx> Subject: Ratio Adjusted Databases Question>
  > > How can I create databases of Ratio Adjusted Data from
  existing EOD and RT> databases (including time or tick value
  frames) , so that each bar is put> into the ratio of what today's
  market value is  or (Now's value for RT data)> ?>
  > Is there a convenient way to Array this within the existing
  databases?> > It would really be convenient and set
  AmiBroker above any other system to be> able to backtest on Ratio
  Adjusted Data, in my opinion.> It would be Wonderful to have a built-in
  Selection function to just display> it.  I believe could
  really improve portfolio analysis, because everything,> including
  Drawdowns, could be evaluated in today's terms.> > This way each
  move will have the same relative weight as the present any> each
  system could be tested then on percentage terms.> > Grateful for
  replies.> > Mr. ValleySend BUG REPORTS
  to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to