[amibroker] X-lation of Ehler's EasyLanguage code int afl

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Ed,
I am
happy you find it useful. I have used it and variations of it for several years.
I used to use metastock and did the composite work in excel then brought it into
MS. AB's add to composite stream lined the work and continues to improve
it.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I have
not read S&C for a while now.. they ran an article on sector
rotation?

Regards,Jayson

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ed
  [mailto:vvsignin@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 10:44
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Trouble with data for indices created by Add To Composite
  functionJason,Thank you for your assistance.
  I'm going to switch off Yahoo! and go to a paid service for cleaner data.
  I'm implementing your code that you posted about a week ago on industry
  and sector analysis. This is good stuff. Can I ask you if you've used this
  code before or something like it for decision making? Do you like it? Was
  it inspired by the latest Stocks & Commodities issue? Thanks
  again.Ed--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
  <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> Ed,> I use QP and am satisfied.
  While not perfect it tends to be very clean.> Every one has a
  different approach but I set parameters in QP that can only> be met
  with clean data (min vol, min price, institutional ownership etc)
  I> save my filtered universe then import that list to AB and use that
  list for> my testing/development. For the price yahoo is good but
  when problems arise> who do you complain to? QP is not free,
  neither is TC2000 but both offer> good clean data...>
  -----Original Message----->   From: Ed
  [mailto:vvsignin@xxxx]>   Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 8:44
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Trouble with data for indices created by Add
  To> Composite function> > >
  Jayson,> >   Thank you again for your response. I'm
  not clear what you mean by>   other data options. I currently
  download from Yahoo. Do you suggest>   another site?
  Thanks.> >   Ed> >   --- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx>
  wrote:>   > Ed,>   > Yes the holes are
  likely in the data that make up your composites.>   As
  I>   > understand it Purify simply compares trading days
  to a reference>   symbol.>   > Choosing a
  symbol you trust such as QQQ or DJ30,CSCO etc,
  should>   do the>   > trick.
  from help....>   >>   > Database
  purify tool implemented (available via Tools->Database>
  Purify)>   > allows to detect missing/extra quotes,
  possible splits, invalid OHLC>   >
  relationship>   >>   > Apply to/range
  settings similar to AA window. You can also right>   click
  over>   > result list to add symbols to watch list and
  copy the list to the>   clipboard>
  > (and paste it later to any other program for futher
  use)>   >>   > The tool is designed to
  identify problem areas, not to delete the>
  offenders.>   > If you are finding lots of problems you
  may wish to look at other>   data>
  > options..>   >>
  >>   >>   >
  Regards,>   >>   >
  Jayson>   >>   >
  -----Original Message----->   >   From: Ed
  [mailto:vvsignin@xxxx]>   >   Sent: Tuesday,
  April 27, 2004 9:27 AM>   >   To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   >   Subject:
  [amibroker] Re: Trouble with data for indices created
  by>   Add To>   > Composite
  function>   >>   >>
  >   Jayson,>   >>
  >   Thank you for your response. FYI the ticks that are erratic
  have>   >   consistent dates, but I'm
  assuming that you're talking about those>
  >   symbols that make up the composites that I've created
  having>   holes. I>   >   did
  clean out all of the dead symbols and those symbols that
  don't>   >   have up-to-date data. I will
  check the symbols manually myself.>
  Also,>   >   when running the purify tool, it
  seems that it is simply a>   reporting>
  >   tool. Is this correct, or does the purify tool actually fix
  data?>   >   Lastly, when running the purify
  tool, can you tell me>   what 'Reference>
  >   symbol' I should be using? Thanks again.>
  >>   >   Ed>
  >>   >   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:>
  >   > The deviations are likely caused by data holes in the
  underlying>   >   data.
  You>   >   > could try using the database
  purify tool to clean up your>   database>
  >   then>   >   > rerun the
  composite code to correct your indexes..>   >
  >>   >   > Regards,>
  Jayson>   >   >>
  Message----->   >   >   From: Ed