[amibroker] 1970's

Aaron,

As mentioned below by Gary, the accurate way is to download the list
from Nasdaq itself.  A quick-n-easy way is to set filter ===>

Strlen( Name() ) == 4

Lots of (most ?) Nasdaq listed stocks have 4 char ticker, so this
filters out NYSE stocks like T, C, IP, HD, CAT, WMT.  Common NAZ
stocks like CSCO, MSFT, INTC, YHOO, JNPR, ORCL, AMGN, GILD etc. will
be captured by this filter.

(Again - this is not accurate solution, but a quick-n-easy one.)

Regards,
- Salil V Gangal

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary A. Serkhoshian"
<serkhoshian777@xxxx> wrote:
> Aaron,
>
> As someone had asked earlier, you can download the nasdaq stocks
from their site, save it as a .tls file (as opposed to .txt), import
it as a watchlist, and filter your exploration to include only stocks
that are in your newly created nasdaq watchlist.

> In terms of groups and markets you need to look into the following:
>
> Symbol > Organize Assignments allows you to assign stocks to a
specific market, group, or watchlist
> Symbol > Categories allow you to rename
>
> Kind Regards,
> Gary
>
> trading_for_a_living <trading_for_a_living@xxxx> wrote:
> Is there a way to set-up a analysis so that the only stocks
> evaluated are nasdaq stocks, if so how?  I see that there is a
> filter, but the market doesn't list the nasdaq or does OTC mean
> nasdaq stocks?  Also, how can I create my own market or group?
>

> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.