Re: [amibroker] Relative Strength - help

"2. Not using the latest version of AB."

Dingo,
1.
My English do not help much.
Here is the ReadMe from 4.53.1 and 4.53
CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.53.1 (as compared to 4.53.0)

addressed problem with broker.layers file. Now version 4.53.1
correctly reads broker.layers file saved with older versions however
note that old versions are not compatible with new format.
layer properties dialog provides more comfortable setting of layer
visibility
other minor fixes

CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.53.0 (as compared to 4.52.0)

per-group intraday settings (filtering/daily compression) Use Symbol-
>Categories: "GROUP" -> Use own intraday settings, click
on "Intraday settings" button to define intraday settings specific to
given group.

intraday settings now allow to specify separate day (RTH) and night
(ETH) sessions

time filtering now allows to display:
a) 24 hours trading (no filtering)
b) day session only
c) night session only
d) day and night sessions only

new intraday time compression mode: Day/Night - shows two bars (day
and night) per day

daily compression can be now based on
a) exchange time (available since 4.00)
b) local time (available since 4.50)
c) day/night session times definable by the user (new)

when "activatestopsimmediately" is turned ON then cash from stopped
out positions is NOT available to enter trades the same day

easy access to selected category settings from Symbol->Information
window.

Workspace tree supports in-place editing of market, group, sector,
industry and watch list names. Single click on category name and just
enter the name

Did you see anything re FullName() and SetForeign() ??
Should I smell it is under the "other minor fixes" ??
2.
In my fresh 4.53.1 the
SetForeign("MSFT");
Title=Name()+FullName();
gives MSFTMSFT.
Is there a different output in your 4.53.1 ???
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> Jeeez Salil!
>
> Do you realize how much time you've cost folks trying to bail your
butt out
> by:
>
>  1. Not installing your (supposedly legal copy of TC2000).
>
>  2. Not using the latest version of AB.
>
> Get your act together, dood!
>
> If you actually trade like you handle AB I'd be surprised if you
have a dime
> left.
>
> Criminy!

>   _____

becomes
> Name() ?
>

> > Friends,
> >
> > I set the 'Symbol->Information->Full Name' for 'MSFT' / 'CSCO'
> > and 'YHOO' to 'Company 1' / 'Company 2' and 'Company 3'
respectively
> > and ensured that without SetForeign(), the FullName() is working
> > properly.  It does seem as if after executing SetForeign(), the
> > FullName() becomes Name() !
> >
> > Has anyone else observed this ?
> >
> > Regards,
> > - Salil V Gangal
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Salil V Gangal"
> > <salil_gangal@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Friends,
> > >
> > > Based on the documentation, I see that the SetForeign() sets
OHLCV,
> > > OI, Avg to foreign security.  However it does not go to get the
> > > FullName().  So when used in combination, as far as I can tell,
it
> > > sort-of does something weird. For example following code ===>
> > >
> > > SetForeign("MSFT");
> > > Title = FullName();
> > > SetForeign("CSCO");
> > > Title = Title + " " + FullName();
> > > SetForeign("YHOO");
> > > Title = Title + " " + FullName();
> > >
> > > Sets the Title to 'MSFT CSCO YHOO', which is as if FullName() is
> > > returning Name() after SetForeign() goes in effect.  Is this
> > > expected ?
> > >
> > > Sure ... I can get around SetForeign's apparent inability to
work
> > > with FullName(), by using external Watch Lists, but will like to
> > know
> > > what's going on here.  Why does FullName() not return the name
of
> > > the 'current' security, why does it return the symbol of the
> > > SetForeign's security ?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > - Salil V Gangal
> >

> > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> >

> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129t4sf48/M=285832.4851039.5997748.1269404/D=
groups
> /S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1083006993/A=2105440/R=0/SIG=14dpdlr1u/*http://
www.hous
> eholdfinance.com/ln/TrackingServlet?
cmd_MediaCode=&fc=APS&mkt=000&mc=01PSYAY
> A004001B220000U0300L0010000000000&dest=HOME_PAGE> click here
>
> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=285832.4851039.5997748.1269404/D=groups/S=
> :HM/A=2105440/rand=378974959>
>

>   _____
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> *	To visit your group on the web, go to:
>

> *	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>

> *	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511