From: fsmart21 [mailto:jdgeddie@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2004 9:50 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Beginner Questions

Hello All!  I've now been using AmiBroker for about 3 weeks.

I've noticed a few quirks which I cannot quite get to the bottom of.
I have my indicator built and this works fine.  I do not trade
intraday, and download data each morning using Yahoo historical
quotes.  I then run backtester to figure out which trades to make.

Sometimes after I run backtester I see new trades for the same day
which were not previously present.  I've noticed that most of these
trades (but not all) are the result of a gap up in price on the day
in question.  For example, yesterday morning my indicator generated a
buy signal on VCLK as well as some others based on 4/22 EOD data.
This morning I downloaded EOD data for 4/23 and noticed a new trade
for MCRL which was not present yesterday morning.  How would I
eliminate this trade from my backtest results?

My second question is that my formula determines the # of shares to
buy based on 25% split of my portfolio.  Since I included this in the
formula, it no longer will account for margin when determining the #
of shares to buy.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for your time!