RE: [amibroker] Beginner Questions

Friends,

Based on the documentation, I see that the SetForeign() sets OHLCV,
OI, Avg to foreign security.  However it does not go to get the
FullName().  So when used in combination, as far as I can tell, it
sort-of does something weird. For example following code ===>

SetForeign("MSFT");
Title = FullName();
SetForeign("CSCO");
Title = Title + " " + FullName();
SetForeign("YHOO");
Title = Title + " " + FullName();

Sets the Title to 'MSFT CSCO YHOO', which is as if FullName() is
returning Name() after SetForeign() goes in effect.  Is this
expected ?

Sure ... I can get around SetForeign's apparent inability to work
with FullName(), by using external Watch Lists, but will like to know
what's going on here.  Why does FullName() not return the name of
the 'current' security, why does it return the symbol of the
SetForeign's security ?

Regards,
- Salil V Gangal

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511