RE: [amibroker] Re: VBScript to automate back test and export of tradelist.

Brian,

This board is not the place to be hocking marketing ideas or advice.  If you want to solicit Tomasz' business then do it privately.

Kind Regards,
GaryBrian <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
D,You are working under the auspices that all marketing is bad. Think about all the products you do enjoy that do spend money on marketing, and you will see what I mean.I stated it earlier but perhaps it got buried. If you combine a quality work ethic with top-notch marketing, you are ultimately going to end up ahead of the competition that relies only on good marketing.The natural tendency is to hate marketers. I understand this. I also hate most marketers. I am not that type of marketer. I specialize in customer relationship management (CRM). This means I believe the real money is to be made by actively listening to customers to find out what their needs are. I don't believe in trying to sell something the customer does not really need. This is where the easy $$$ is anyway, from a marketing perspective.I
 have little time to educate everyone here. I guess -- fill out my feedback form and we'll talk about it further ;-)~Brian--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:> You need to lower you cannon there duude!>  > AB is a 2 man shop and only recently the second was added.  TJ is unique and> he's not an empire builder.  If TJ were to take your advice ( and this is> IMHO ) and do some "marketing" then he'd discover (just as the marketing> types at Equis have) that the way to riches is not by having the best or> fastest or most realiable or most feature rich or most supported  product> out there. Its by having software that looks good in the box and looks good> when you put up a graph and appeals to the person that's new to TA and> want's to have what everyone else has - only to realize months/dollars later>
 that the slick solution he bought isn't going to make him rich by the end of> next month. He then gives up and puts his shiny box on the shelf and goes> and sets up a bidness on eBay selling junk out of his attic.>  > That's the way to make lots of money in the TA software bidness - target the> great unwashed and rake in the gold.>  > Thankfully, TJ is old school and doesn't believe in that crap. He still> believes in quality, service, etc. That's why he's got a devoted customer> base that has grown slowly over the past n years and he seems satisfied with> that. And I for one am grateful he doesn't do any marketing studies.>  > d> > > >   _____  > > From: Brian [mailto:brian@xxxx] > Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 10:25 AM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re:
 IQFeed plugin version 1.5.1 released> > > Tomasz,> > I've worked with a few companies that have been around for close to > 100 years, and they still like to do things "the old way." Their > marketing reflects this fact, as well (they have very little > marketing budget). They rely heavily on word-of-mouth, which is a > form of branding.>  > blah, blah, bah.>  > come rolling in. Just let me know.> > Thanks,> > BrianSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: <A
		Do you Yahoo!?