[amibroker] Quotes

      qwiktrade
      Elite Member

      Registered: Jun 2001

     04-20-04 08:20 AM

      Digs..

      just a thought.. everyone knows that esignals data tends to lag a bit
in really fast markets.. so does it really make sense to try and trade using
esignal in a fast market when you know there is likely a delay?.. IB's feed
sends a snapshot of the market every like .6 seconds or so which helps
eliminate lag between IB and TWS since tws isnt trying to process so many
updates.. i personally wouldnt use the esignal IB plug-in unless i were
trading something that moves slower than a snail stuck in molassas.. just my
.02

      -qwik

      __________________
      - "As a man believeth in his heart, so is he"

      - "Trying to understand the market is like a blind man, blindfolded in
a dark room, chasing a black cat that isnt there.."

It might be more worthwhile to work directly with say IB or with
Quotetracker (strong comittment to reliability) and develop your software to
accomadate users of those products.  Quotetracker probably has a much larger
trading user base worldwide than DTN.  I use DTN satellite for all my
non-trading software but only trade using Quotetracker and IB and
Ninjatrader for order execution.  I'm interested in this because I see
AmiBroker as the only viable alternative to the software I now use, which is
no longer marketed and can not, therefore, be used to automate the order
execution process.  You have a great and very flexible product, fairly easy
to understand and a strong commitment to quality.  I just think you need to
start seriously seeking business contacts who are likewise minded.  Jerry
Medved is a very likeable and knowledgeable developer, why not work with
him?  Good luck, the outcome is important to me.

Bruce