[amibroker] amibroker as a database to asp web application

Ed,

No, eSignal API and the plugin therefore is ROCK SOLID and
handles backfilling simply without ANY SINGLE problem
( I use it EVERYDAY for my own trading ). What's more eSignal
backfill is at least 2 times FASTER than IQFeed
and allows partial day backfills (IQFeed only full days).

This is one of many reasons why eSignal is WAY superior. It
costs more but it is worth it.
And their data are essentially bad-tick free (if there is a
bad tick it usually gets fixed within minutes by their quality assurance
team).

eSignal also has decent API and handles all disconnections and
reconnections fully AUTOMATICALLY and you can
just unplug from the net (physically) and then re-plug and it
will automatically recover. IQFeed can not do that.

eSignal allows multiple applications without single problem.
IQFeed does not allow that and I have to made HUGE workarounds to bugs in IQFeed
API
to make it possible.

eSignal Data manager NEVER hanged on my machine. IQConnect
hangs periodically.

You look at things from user point of view and look only at
cost (which I partially understand) but
if you look from the inside (if you see both APIs) you will
see huge abyss between two in terms how both APIs are coded.
Best regards,Tomasz
Janeczkoamibroker.com
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr