RE: [amibroker] Gaussian Keltner trading system with good results

yes, there are a couple of possible ways how to integrate daily data
with intraday data.  For example, another conceivable approach would
be to access the EoD data via a plugin function.  I have all my daily
data in Metastock data files, and I can read the Metastock files with
pure Java, so it would also be possible with my plugin.  But I have
not tested such an approach yet because an integration of intraday
minute bars with EoD data would be a very low priority issue for me.

As long as things like the IQFeed data quality issue ("spikes" in
intraday histories) remain unresolved, it doesn't make much sense to
put development efforts into this.

My objective isn't automatic/mechanical trading anyway, at best for
the future the use of trading systems as decision support.   But if I
wanted to push ahead with mechanical or semi-automatical trading, I
would very likely NOT use a charting program like AB, but instead do
it with custom programming in full programming language (but this
would be another topic).

As far as possible improvements of Amibroker are concerned,   on my
wishlist are MANY other issues which I consider far more
important/useful to most AB users than above data integration.   For
example, comparatively simple things like the ability to assign names
to watchlist (would make it possible to simulate different sector
views by assigning a stock to more than one sector).   Or an improved,
more user-friendly chart sheet layout/resizing mechanism of chart
panes (!!!).   Or improved programmatic access to drawn trendlines and
their attributes, definition of trendline alerts, programmatic
insertion of trendlines etc.   Or for access to Amibroker databases
perhaps a client/server architecture with separation of client and
server (client is the charting program, server manages the database).
  Just a few examples for some ideas.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511