[amibroker] IQFeed users -- SPIKES

Yuki,

> For example: I have a fair number of stocks that often do volumes in
> the 8 digit range (above 9,999,999).  When I enter these volumes in
> my MS database, I never get "rounding errors" there.  The numbers
> remain exactly as I enter them.  Yet, this is more than 7 digits, but
> there is no "rounding error" here. So, what am I missing?

Using downloader, set the VOLUME field to
39,999,999  (8 digit number)
then check what is displayed instead of what you have entered.

Then check
40,000,001 or 40,000,002

Do you see 40'000'000 in all those cases instead of what you have entered ?

now enter:
40,000,003
and you will get 40,000,004 displayed instead.

Why? Exactly because the guaranteed accuracy of 32 bit floating point used by MS
is JUST 7 digits. The last digit in 8 digit numbers will is NOT guaranteed to be correct
in MS volume field.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com