Re: [amibroker] Re: Negative volume from MS plug-in

Hi Tomasz,

TJ> Since I have no more time to waste on this topic I have prepared a new version of MS
TJ> plugin that allows to divide volume by specified factor.

TJ> To use volume in hundreds or thousands simply download this new plugin version from
TJ> http://www.amibroker.com/bin/MS.dll

TJ> put it into "Plugins" subfolder of AMiBroker directory (you must overwrite old one)

TJ> and then run AmiBroker, go to File->Database Settings->Configure and
TJ> enter 100 or 1000 into "Divide volume by" field.

I still end up with negative volume after running this, TJ.  It does
truncate the volume reported in the title, but the chart stays the
same.

Also, a one size fits all approach for this results in some problems.
One important stock I trade often has volume of less than 10,000
shares (it's a very pricey stock, so "dollar volume" is still high).
Others trade in the millions and tens of millions.  But dividing by
1000 produces as much as a 10 percent error on the lower volume
issue.  It would be nice if I could set this by issue.

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511