RE: [amibroker] Param Question

Hi all,

I have a script I'd like to use to run an exploration automatically.
I'm pasting the script and the exploration below. What's strange is
that when I run the exploration manually, it is fine. When I run it
automatically, the results file is exported instantly with nothing in
it. Please let me know if you've experienced similar problems or if
you see something missing. Thanks,

Gordon

*****
VB Code:
*****

Call main
WScript.Echo("Done")

Sub main

	On Error Resume next

	Dim process
	Dim winmgm
	Dim aa
	Dim ab
	Dim bAbIsOpen
	Dim bEsIsOpen
	Dim wsh

	bAbIsOpen = false
	bEsIsOpen = False

	Err.Clear
	Set winmgm = GetObject("winmgmts://localhost")
	Set wsh = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
	If Err <> 0 Then
		WScript.Echo Err.Description
		Exit Sub
	End if

	' -- Close all existing instances
	For Each Process in winmgm.ExecQuery ("select * from
Win32_Process where name='Broker.exe'")
		bAbIsOpen = true
	Next

	If Not bAbIsOpen Then
		WScript.Echo("AB not open")
		Exit sub
	End If

	For Each Process in winmgm.ExecQuery ("select * from
Win32_Process")
		If UCase(process.name) = "WINROS.EXE" then
			bEsIsOpen = True
		End if
	Next

	If Not bEsIsOpen Then
		WScript.Echo("Es not open")
		Err.Clear
		Wsh.Run "C:\Program Files\eSignal\winros.exe"
		If Err <> 0 Then
			WScript.Echo "Err starting winros: " &
Err.Description
		End if
		WScript.Sleep(10000)
		For Each Process in winmgm.ExecQuery ("select * from
Win32_Process")
			If UCase(process.name) = "WINROS.EXE" then
				bEsIsOpen = True
			End If
			If Not bEsIsOpen Then Exit Sub
	Next
		Exit sub
	End If

	Err.Clear
	Set ab = CreateObject("broker.application")
	If Err <> 0 Then
	  WScript.Echo Err.Description
		Exit Sub
	End If

	Err.Clear

 	If ucase(ab.DatabasePath) <> UCase("c:\Amibroker RT 5M\") Then
 		WScript.Echo "Wrong database"
 	  Exit Sub
 	End if

	Set aa = ab.analysis
	If Err <> 0 Then _
	  	WScript.Echo Err.Description

	' load formula from external file */
	AA.LoadFormula("C:\getRTdata.afl")

	'/* optional: load settings */

	'/* setup filters */
	'/* backtest over symbols present in market 0 only (zero-
based number) */
	'AA.ClearFilters();
	'AA.Filter( 0, "market" ) = 0;

	' - long ApplyTo - defines apply to mode: 0 - all stocks, 1 -
current stock, 2 - use Filter
	' - long RangeMode - defines range mode: 0 - all quotes, 1 -
n last quotes, 2 - n last days, 3 - from-to Date
	' - long RangeN - defines N (number of bars/days to backtest)
	aa.ClearFilters()
	aa.ApplyTo = 0
	aa.RangeMode = 1

        ' -- The scan may start and it may not. Hmmm.
	aa.explore()

        ' -- This file is created instantly
        aa.export("C:\results.csv")
	'/* run backtest and display report */