RE: [amibroker] Understanding the Harmonic Mean, II

Montoya example was rather simple.
Common sense  usually goes to arithmetic average, but it was not the
case.
The average speed follows some different rules than the average
length or the average weight.
The solution was 133.33, which, BTW, is 2/(1/100+1/200)
The next example is more complicated:

Example II
Johnnie, the well known walker, was walking last Sunday afternoon for
5h.
The 1st part AB was horizontal and he was moving with 4km/h.
The 2nd part BC was ascending with 3km/h.
He was tired and he decided to come back, following the same path.
The 3rd part CB was, of course, descending with 6km/h.
The last way to home BA was horizontal like before with 4km/h.
What was the total lenght ABCBA of the walk ?
[you dont need more info to find the unique solution]
The next is closer to reality and we have to set aside any tricks.

Example III
Michael ran the 70 Bahrein laps with average speed per lap
v1=188
v2=189
v3=194
v69=204
v70=205
If all the speeds are well known, what was the average Ferrari speed ?
The speed V  is an array now and the solution *IS NOT* MA(V,70) as
the common sense may suppose. We need a different averaging method.
Dimitris Tsokakis

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>