Re: [amibroker] Where are you from, Part Deux

My post below was intended to encourage you to keep this
discussion PUBLIC, and only use private emails where necessary.
I won't have time to study it in depth till later.  However, I am saving
all automated trading discussions that I see in an Outlook Express folder
entitled AUTOMATED TRADING.   I don't have a lot of saved messages
yet, but I have copied one here as an example of what I am saving, I
saw this on the Ninja Trader yahoo group.  I stopped watching their
discussions awhile back.  Ron D
<FONT
face=Arial>==================================================================

I've taken 5 systems which I
was using to trade manually, changed them so they can run without me,
backtested them on IRT until I'm happy with them and set them off live.
Expectancy (based on (Pw * Aw)- (Pl * Al) where P = probability, A =
Average, w = win and l = loss) ranges from 1.8 to 2.7 and R/R from 2.4
to 6.1. Percent wins range from 38% to 52% in the backtest period. All
systems use a variety of indicators (CCI, FASTD and custom indicators
mostly) and multiple time frames. The single most important factor in
improving backtested performance turned out to be identifying conditions in
longer timeframes which lead to poor results and modifying the scans to
prevent trading when those conditions apply. With some scans this results in
very few trades (15 or 20 per quarter) so backtest results are statistically
dubious and, as backtesting itself is not a 100% representation of what
will happen in real life, I will hold off buying the yacht for the
timebeing.
<FONT
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr