RE: [amibroker] Question on Backtest report on watch list

There is another interesting application.
The upper limit MA and the lower limit MA [all the rest MAs
are "between"] define the %Width.
Stocks with higher %Width are trendy, the ones with lower %Width are
recently more or less congestive.
Explore for the last n=1 quotations with

na=5;nb=200;step=1;n1=na;n2=na;
f=LastValue((C-MA(C,na)));
g=LastValue((C-MA(C,na)));
for(n=na;n<=nb;n=n+step)
{
//Plot(MA(C,n),"",colorLightGrey,1);
d=LastValue((C-MA(C,n)));
if(d<f)
{
n1=n;
f=d;
}
if(d>g)
{n2=n;g=d;}
}
Plot(C,"\nC",1,64);
Plot(MA(C,n1),"\nupper limit MA(C,"+WriteVal(n1,1.0)
+")",colorDarkRed,8);
Plot(MA(C,n2),"\nlower limit MA(C,"+WriteVal(n2,1.0)
+")",colorDarkBlue,8);
Width=100*LastValue(abs(MA(C,n1)-MA(C,n2))/C);
Filter=1;
AddColumn(Width,"% Width");

and paste the same formula in IB to see what I mean.
When all the MAs belong to a narrow range of 3% or 5% of the last
price, there should have been many congestive days.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>