[amibroker] Re: Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic Mean

Hi Steve,

I have gone through the help and the archives and I have tried the
solutions of TJ.

Each Bar I calculate a variable VarX by multiplying the VarX of the
previous Bar by another variable B. Variable B is recalculated each
Bar.

VarX[t]=b*varX[t-1];

It looked like I could solve my problem using the AMA2 function.
In the manual is stated (page 258)
 Internally this function works like this:
 today_ama=SMOOTHINGFACTOR*array+FEEDBACKFACTOR*yesterday_ama
 Unquote
As I do not need the array I thought the value of the moothingfactor
should be zero

Varx=AMA2(Close,0,B);

I alo tried

Varx=AMA2(Close,1,B);

But it did not give the required results.
I hope that you or anybody else can help me out.

PS
I am translating the Dynamic Breakout Indicator from EL to Afl.
It works moothly in EL and the results are encouraging but I prefer
to use AB

cees

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511