Re: [amibroker] Re: Helper duudes: Whadya say let's work up a to do list for...

hi Fred & Ronbo,

Thanks for the post of the code of darvas boxes.

ONe more question I had was in relation to the results on metastock
and on amibroker using the same data and I found the support line or
the bottoming out and the upside values are different.

Is this something to do with the code which are different or
something else.

If needed I can post the code for darvas box for metastock here for
experts to anlayse and advise the difference.

Pras

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fdenys" <f.denys@xxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for (reposting) the Darvas box code and our compliments to
> Stephane for the nice programming.
> May I suggest that the last 2 code lines can better be replaced by:
>
> Plot( box1, "" , colorRed, 512);
> Plot( box2, "" , colorGreen , 512);
>
> which gives "real" and nicer looking boxes
> Another great Power Point slide show / tutorial can be found at
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~bspark/slide_shows.htm (Darvas Boxes)
>
> Fred
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ronbo" <ronbo@xxxx> wrote:
> > This is code which Stephane posted on 2/23/2004. i hope it is
what
> you
> > want...
> > let us know if it works for you.
> > ron
> >

> > The code in AFL for Darvas Box is below, everyone can change it to
> > suit the conditions he wants
> >
> > stephane
> >

> > //////////begin/////////
> >
> > box1=0;
> > box2=0;
> >
> > procedure fillDarvas(start,end,swap,top, bottom )
> > {
> >    for ( j = start; j < end; j++)
> >    {
> >        if( box1[j] = swap)
> >  	box1[j]= top ;
> > 	else
> > 	box1[j]= bottom;
> >
> >        if(box2[j] = swap)
> >  	box2[j]= bottom ;
> > 	else
> > 	box2[j]= top;
> >    }
> > }
> >
> > BoxArr1 = 0;
> > BoxArr2 = 0;
> > StateArray = 0;
> > DBuy = 0;
> > DSell = 0;
> > TopArray = 0;
> > BotArray = 0;
> > tick=0;
> >
> > BoxTop = High[0];
> > BoxBot = Low[0];
> > swap=0;
> > state = 0;
> > BoxStart = 0;
> >
> > for (i=0; i<BarCount; i++)
> > {
> >  if (state==5)
> >  {
> >   TopArray[i]=BoxTop;
> >   BotArray[i]=BoxBot;
> >   if (Low[i]<(BoxBot*(1-tick/100)) || High[i]>(BoxTop*
(1+tick/100)))