  >From:
  Salil V
  Gangal
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 7:14
PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker - Data
  Source QP2 vs TC2000
  Al,Hmmm ... I guess it must be terribly slow to get
  TC2000 data from AmiBroker.  Has anyone tried exporting TC2000 into
  MetaStock and then accessing from AmiBroker ?  Is that faster
  ?Oh .. by sharing results as against sharing data I simply mean that
  if I derieve something from their data say I derieve 'Buy SUNW', then
  they don't have a problem if I share result 'Buy SUNW' with others.
  If I derieve say 'hypotheticalIndicator' from their data, then they
  have no issue if I share 'hypotheticalIndicator' values with others.
  What they do not permit is sharing the actual Open,High,Low/... data
  with others.  (In other words, I guess it's not okay if I simply
  export their data into CSV files and share CSV files.  A reasonable
  thing, I assume.)Regards,- Salil V Gangal--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx> wrote:>
  Salil:> > You can do all those things with QP2, also. QP2 allows
  you to have the> software on 2 computers (I have it on my desktop
  and laptop). You can export> data from QP2 just like TC2K. Don't
  know what you mean by sharing results> using their data. Sounds
  like you are leaning toward TC2K. No problem. I> used to use it,
  but I prefer QP2 for its speed and reliability, although> TC2K is
  likely just as reliable. I've received very prompt and helpful>
  support from Greg at QP2. BTW, if you get QP3, you can still pay QP2
  prices> if you elect not to install SPP (although I think this is only
  offered to> existing QP2 subscribers). Good luck with your
  decision.> > Al Venosa> > > > -----
  Original Message ----- > From: "Salil V Gangal"
  <salil_gangal@xxxx>> To:
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 5:57
  PM> Subject: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker - Data Source QP2 vs
  TC2000> > > > Joe,> >> > Intra-day
  update is not important for me today, but it's a nice> > feature to
  have.> >> > TC2000 customer support told me that they
  allow data-update on 2> > computers.  That's pretty good. Also
  they have no problem if I share> > *results* I may derive using
  their data, as long as I don't share the> > actual data
  itself.  That's one more additional point in favor of> >
  TC2000.  And of course they have no problem if I export data and
  use> > it whatever else - Excel/AmiBroker/...>
  <jmaywood@xxxx> wrote:> > > Salil,> >
  SVG> (<A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_quotes.html)
  for the data> > source,> > > SVG> but not
  TC2000.  I've found that the price of data at QP2 is> >
  more and> > > SVG> TC2000 is less.> > >>
  > > One other thing that I didn't see mentioned is that TC2000 EOD
  data> > is> > > updated intraday (with delay of
  course). Don't know if this is> > > important to you or not. We
  tried for a while to get QP to do> > intraday> > >
  updates, but no dice...> > >> > > -- > >
  > Best regards,> > >  Joe> >>
  bugs@xxxx> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx> >
  6.0.634 / Virus Database: 406 - Release Date:
  3/18/2004Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A