Re: [amibroker] Re: Forex data import through metatrader

In comparing TC2000 and QP3 - In TC2000 for roughly
$30/month you get stock data and groups and a few indices,
with no access to the fundamental data from AB.
There are two extra fields that you can
get in TC2000. It will also cost you another monthly increment to get
the mutual fund data.

In QP3 - I don't have the product but
am considing whether to switch to it and looking at the web site, it
looks like you get both stocks and mutual
funds; and a long list of fundamental data. The fundamental data is
not historical (i.e. don't think that you can back test some idea of
say using Earnings Per Share with QP data because it's only available
in the now, today)..so you could use fundamental
data for a daily strategy.  There has been some questions
raised about the quality of QP's mutal fund data, handling
dividends, distributions, and general price adjustments.

I use TC2000 and get what little mutual funds I
work with through the Amiquotes/ESignal EOD data which is no cost at this
time. Reliability on data downloads
is flawless and customer service is
great. I had it for years.  Historical fundamental data for screening
is in TC2000 database and available in native TC2000 built in screens
but the data is stored in a strange bastardized
way to save space and the Amibroker plug in doesn't get to it. This my
opinion about how the data is stored and not based on any
research.

Best regards
Joe L.