  >From:
  mrdavis9

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 7:19
  PM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: OT: Does
  anyone use PFScan? if so, how do you download data?

  I haven't been following this thread, but it
  has reminded me of a feature that would be nice to have.

  In TC2k, you can create watchlists for each of your
  favorite PCF's. Then, when you download the new EOD date each day, you
  can set TC2k to automatically update all of the PCF's that you have
  created.

  After the updating has completed, each of your personal
  PCF watchlists will now be populated with all of the stocks that meet the PCF
  requirement based on the fresh EOD download that you just
  completed.

  Lets assume that you use only 4 different explorations
  to find all of the stocks which meet the four different sets of Amibroker
  criteria that you like.

  A similar operation in AB that is similar to the
  TC2k system, would be to have iAB automatically run four separate
  explorations, and then AB would place the results of these 4
  explorations into four separate watch lists.  The population of
  these watch would change  somewhat after each new daily download of new
  EOD data.

  Maybe this is possible already in AB.   Does
  anyone know how to make AB do this??  Ron D

  <FONT
  face=Arial>======================================================================

  <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  <BLOCKQUOTE

    Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 7:24
    PM
    anyone use PFScan? if so, how do you download data?

    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Jayson, but like AB, each stock requires it's own .csv file--not a
    combined file.  AA would produce a .csv file with ALL the stocks in 1
    file---yes??  but then maybe i'm missing what you are trying to tell
    me.  i can be pretty dense at times.  <SPAN
    class=752191201-01042004>i have not
    tried to use what you suggest---but i will try
    it.
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>PFScan does not include a stock downloader---it depends on another
    independent program to fetch the data.  iow, there is no AQ with
    PFScan.  i has a few "formats" which it can use, but they must be
    specified and it is very specific.
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>For what i want---the easiest way to do it would be have AQ do it,
    --download the data, import it into AB, AND create/append a .csv file.

    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Really now that i think about it all---this was a pretty stupid
    question--it really has nothing to do with AB....
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>thanks for trying---
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>ron
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>

      <FONT face=Tahoma
      size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Jayson
      [mailto:jcasavant@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004
      3:14 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
      [amibroker] Re: OT: Does anyone use PFScan? if so, how do you download
      data?
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>Ron,
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>perhaps I am still lost  :(
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>lets say you have downloaded 100 or 1000 stocks from your vendor
      into an AB watch list called "my stocks". Now lets say your PF
      program requires OHLC data plus Volume. In AA,using addcolumn, you define
      the appropriate fields in the appropriate order then run the exploration
      for the whole watchlist or database. You can then export that whole report
      as a csv file that can be read or imported into your PF software.

      Regards,
      Jayson Send BUG
    REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
    <A