RE: [amibroker] variable styles for same array

If you
don't use the OI field then you can use this to store custom information. To my
best recollection AmiBroker numbers have an upper limit of 2^32, this means you
can encode 32 binary True/False bits for each bar. You can also store Barcount
single numbers in the OI array using subscripts, like OI[0]=value1, OI[1]
=Value2, etc.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
You
can further expand this idea by using composites, I have 100s of composites
created something like so:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>AddToComposite(MyCustomArray, "~"+Name(),"O");
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
This
would create composites named ~AAPL, ~ADBE, ~ALTR, etc. that can be retrieved
using Foreign("~"+Name(),"O"); whenever you want to access the current stock. Of
course you can also use the H,L,C,V,OI fields.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
In AB
there are virtually unlimited ways to "attach" info to specific
stocks!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
best
regards,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: john gibb
  [mailto:jgibb1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 2:09
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
  adding custom info to tickerHi,I want to add
  an is-it-optionable ( true/false ) attribute to most of
  mytickers.Is there an easy way?I notice that, in the
  Symbol|Information dialog, there is a Code field inthe upper right; maybe
  this is an appropriate place, although it is not atrue/false
  field.thanks-johnSend BUG REPORTS
  to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A