color=#0000ff size=2>d

  From: b [mailto:b519b@xxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 1:19 PMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Sector
  Trading (Pankin and Yurconis Approaches)
  Joe,Thanks for the URL to an interesting site. Pankin
  seemslike a level headed guy. His material is so clearlypresented and
  free from mathematical detail I never wouldhave guessed he has a Ph.D. in
  mathemetics.As for his sector rotation model, the results appear
  toaverage about 8% above his benchmark (about 18%/year vs10%/year for
  the S&P). However I do not like to see twoback to back yearly losses
  of over 20% each (2001 and2002). That is a drawdown of over
  40%.Hopefully we can use AB to develop something with a
  betterprofit and drawdown profile. For example, Dennis Yurconishas a
  method with a much smoother equity curve achieved byusing 2 distinct
  methods of sector rotation - a momentumbased method and a breakout method.
  Here is the URLperformance charts for these sector methods.<A
  href="">http://www.managemyfunds.com/sector_performance.htm]b---
  Joe Landry <jelandry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> I may be off the mark
  on this and it may not help you but> just in case you are not
  aware..here's some background on> switching Fidelity Select Funds. I
  heard Mark Pankin talk> many years ago about this approach. Has an
  interesting> and free web site. > > <A
  href="">http://www.pankin.com/select/method.htm>
  > If you navigate around you'll see copies of his most> recent
  talks.  Seems like this organizes and approach to> using AB with
  ETF or other sector equities where the> limits of the Fidelity
  organization including the .75% or> the 5 week short term constraint
  does/would not apply. > > Joe Landry