Re: [amibroker] Re: Intraday quote sources

Joe,

Thanks for the URL to an interesting site. Pankin seems
like a level headed guy. His material is so clearly
presented and free from mathematical detail I never would
have guessed he has a Ph.D. in mathemetics.

As for his sector rotation model, the results appear to
average about 8% above his benchmark (about 18%/year vs
10%/year for the S&P). However I do not like to see two
back to back yearly losses of over 20% each (2001 and
2002). That is a drawdown of over 40%.

Hopefully we can use AB to develop something with a better
profit and drawdown profile. For example, Dennis Yurconis
has a method with a much smoother equity curve achieved by
using 2 distinct methods of sector rotation - a momentum
based method and a breakout method. Here is the URL
performance charts for these sector methods.

http://www.managemyfunds.com/sector_performance.htm]

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511