Re: [amibroker] Backtest Long+Short # Long&Short

David,
colors are numbers [from 0 to 55].Colors are not arrays.[if they
were, the following code would give error]
To give some emphasis, try the
x=StochD();y=RSI();
if(LastValue(x)>colorBlueGrey)
{Plot(x,"StochD",24,1);}
else
{Plot(y,"RSI",22,1);}

It will plot an indigo StochD or a Darkred RSI, according to the last
StochD value >30 or not.

[colorIndigo = 22
colorDarkRed = 24]
Dimitris Tsokakis

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wooziwog" <xcitemint@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I studied the explanation that Dimitris provided regarding my
> question about his formula for the Trin Ribbon. Thank you for
> providing such a concise and detailed explanation. I read the
comment
> about Tomasz providing both color names and also numbers that
> identifies the colors.  My understanding of the formula in logical
> terms based on the explanation provided by Dimitris is as follows:
>
> If ALL conditions for statement are true all Values =1
> therefore
> 1 x 1 x colorname (or number) results in "true" for color since the
> final result is "1"
> and
> If ANY conditions are false Value will equal 0
> therefore
> 1 x 0 x colorname (or number) results in "false" since any 0 in
> multiplication will make ultimate result 0 and color will
be "false".

> Is this correct?  Does the fact that the colors have number values
> make this formula work?  Would this formula work if no number
values
> were associated with the colors?
>
> David K.
>

> All the colors in AFL are actually numbers which is why you can
> include them in mathematical equations as DT has done below.
Tomsaz